Observational astronomers become, by necessity, amateur meteorologists. (except for those smarmy radio astronomers – Yeah, my photons can pass through clouds, can’t yours? What a shame…) These are the websites I use to keep tabs on the weather.
- National Weather Service – Socorro, NM – .gov site = no ads. Bonus!
- Hourly weather plots from NWS – I find the Sky Cover (%) trace particularly useful
- Regional satellite imagery – visible (during the day) or IR (good for after dark) loops
- Regional radar composite reflectivity loop
- National Center for Atmospheric Research’s Rapid Refresh models
Also, Etscorn Observatory has a clearskies.com entry