- finds their asteroid for the first time
- tells me how much fun she’s having working on a conservation of angular momentum problem at 11pm on a Saturday night.
- realizes I’ve never done a differential correction, but I’m asking them to do it anyway
- stays up late helping a teammate debug a code
- realizes the stuff he heard in the classroom is not enough to answer a question on the problem set
- looks up additional ways to solve the problem because the two ways presented in lecture and the handouts just isn’t enough ways
- decides to spend their last summer as a high-school student away from home learning about astronomy, physics, and coding instead of making pizzas for $5/hr under the table like I did when I was their age
Damn, I love this job.